Monday 26 August 2013

Preparation

Assalaam alaikum.
What are we doing as Muslim parents? I mean have you ever sat down and thought what is my job here? What is my purpose in raising a child?

Well if not,  and you already have kids then sit and think about it now.

I wasn't raised as a Muslim and my parents focus was very much on an education; money;  a job; a house; a nice car. Basically it was all Dunya based.
Now I am raising my own kids as a Muslim and my focus is completely different.
The Hereafter;attaining Jannah; being healthy; being educated in the Deen; enjoining the good and forbidding evil.

Basically my parents wanted to raise me with their values. They wanted me to be focused on what they considered to be important. Likewise I am doing the same with my children.

So when it comes to raising your children, the question is not how you want them to be, but rather what things and values are important to you.

Because your example will the basis of how you teach them and what you expect of them.
So we need to look at ourselves before we look at our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment